Thursday, September 27, 2012

All states should be square

In progress:


Don't you think all states should be square shaped. No really. Then when you're sewing them up, it's just easy straight lines. OR I guess I could get a free motion quilting attachment for my sewing machine...and the plate. But really, the first would be easier. Would it? Cheaper for me.

Note: I just bought a free-motion quilting foot! Squee! And since I had some gift card left over from Amazon I only paid about 85 cents for it. Price it's was at: $6.79. And free shipping. Naturally, they've changed things in the past 4 hours...price is up to $6.85 and only free super saver shipping. Weird.

I had started on my fabric map many MONTHS ago. You might even say a year ago. You might even say a little more than a year ago. It was a LOOOONG time ago. Then this summer I brought the project with my on vacation and ironed on all the states sans Hawaii and Alaska...they made it on there tonight. Good job guys me!

(I'm not sure what was going through my mind when I picked out the fabrics. I might have been tired. I might have been cheap. As terrible as it might look on screen, it looks better in person. Not best, but a little better.)

So tonight I decided to start finishing the map. My daughter asked about it. I told her it was a map. She said no, it's not a map. ("Who do we ask for help when we don't know which way to go?" Yep, it's a map.)

I had originally wanted to frame it with a picture frame...but I'm not so sure what I'll do. 

I'm pretty sure my inspiration was from
 .

I don't know...but the scrapbook map would have been easier. Try 2? If I started, I just might finish before a year's time.

2 comments: